Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Loving Hard Candy

makeup review on Hardcandy lipstick

This is going to go against everything I have said about my lipsticks.. You know I am a lip-stain kinda of girl... but I think I found something that I love. So here is the scoop.....

I was going through Twitter (I believe) and was watching this lady do a review on this product (different colors but same product).  I tried to find this lip color but couldn't. So today I thought I would try my local Walmart again and sure enough, they had this item. They do not have a lot of colors to choose from but here is my thoughts on Hard Candy's Velvet Mousse.

First and foremost, I freaking LOVE the packaging!! That within itself sold me.  The lip product comes in this adorable little tin and it has a mirror on the lid.  The tin is artistic, will protect the product, and it can easily fit inside your purse with no problem.

When you open the tin, there is a plastic covering over the lipstick which prevents anyone from tampering with it. Another big thing with me!! When I purchase anything at the store in the makeup department, I reach for the very back item, chances of it being tampered with is a lot less than the item in the front.  So on a scale 1-10 for the packaging.. I would easily give this product packaging a 10!!

When you open the tube of lipstick, it has a sponge applicator, which I personally love.   To me, it makes for an easier application, especially around the cupids bow.  I love the feeling of the lipstick, it is soft, smooth and matte which I absolutely love. The pigment is great, it only takes one coat to get a very good layer of color on your lips.  Once you blot your lips, I swear it looks like your lips are velvet.  I got the color 'Sweet Pea'.  It is a beautiful light pink color that is perfect for spring and/or summer. A very girlie-girl color.

I am going to have to admit, wearing this lipstick is a lot different than wearing a lip-stain. It does not dry out your lips, it leaves them soft, and feeling fantastic. HOWEVER, I hate having to reapply lipstick... that is why I wear a lip-stain. BUT, if you were going to wear a lipstick just to run a few errands and it did not matter if it wore off in a couple of hours or not, this lipstick would be perfect for that.  

It would NOT pass the kissing test!!! If you kiss someone when wearing this lipstick, your partner will have whatever color lips of the shade you are wearing. Here is the bottom line, I really like this lipstick. I am amazed how it makes my lips feel. Yes, I would purchase it again and plan too in a different color. I cannot give it a 10 though.. Sorry Hard Candy, I just wish it stayed on longer than it does.  So on a scale 1-10,  I would give the lipstick itself a  solid "9" 

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share!!

QC Makeup Academy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouidad

Ouidad



Laura Geller Beauty

e.l.f. cosmetics

e.l.f. cosmetics

Beauty Brands.  Free Samples With Purchase.

Beauty Brands. $3.50 off of $10 Product Purchase NORDSTROM - Shop Men's Sneakers for Spring

NORDSTROM - Shop Vacation Essentials

NORDSTROM.com 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment