Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Friday, March 4, 2016

Judith August Cosmetics

makeup review on judith august products


As most of you know, I have been doing a ton of research for different cosmetic products because of my Makeup Artist Course. When I found the item I am about to tell you about, I honestly feel like I found gold.

As I have mentioned many times before on my blog WhiteOak's World, I have really bad skin issues. My skin issues are at a point that I refuse to go without foundation.  I have no excuses and no one to blame, my skin issues are from me being lazy and/or not really thinking about the consequences of what I was doing. Like many of million other people, I too use to love laying in the sun, wanting to get the beautiful bronze colored skin. There is nothing I can do about it today, except learn how to hide and/or mask it the best way I can.

So during all of my research, I had found where using orange correction cream, will help to cover discoloration and brown spots really well.  I researched found a few different brands, got them and they were either TOO orange, TOO light orange, or did nothing to cover the areas I needed to cover.  Another time I was researching bags and dark circles and that is when I found Judith August Cosmetics!

At this point, I was using Mac orange correction stick, and although it was okay.. I still needed something better.  I went directly to Judith's website and found several things I had to have, including a book called Gotcha Covered... I just started reading it, and I am already in love with the book, I know it is going to be a great asset to my career! Without even thinking twice, I got her Orange Masking Cream and the book and something else. When I got them yesterday (March 3rd-2016) I wanted to try the product so bad but waited until today. 

Don't be frightened, but here is a before and after photo after using the orange masking creme:

makeup review for judith august products

HUGE, HUGE difference, don't you think? It makes me want to cry personally. The product is easy to use, it is creamy, and oh my goodness, to me it is as good as gold. The pallet comes in a little sleeve with a black sponge, a little spatula, and an instruction booklet on how to use the product. Judith honestly thought of everything!!  It takes very little product...to get the job done.  I will be writing a review on her book as soon as I finish it. 

Here is the link to go straight to this little pot of gold!!  Orange Masking Creme 

Of course, when I opened the package, I was too excited to read the directions, so this is how I applied it.  After I put my primer on, I dabbed a little of the orange masking creme all over the brown area using a concealer brush. Next I used a sponge and gently blotted it over the area using a tapping motion, I did not rub it in. Afterwards,  I added a little bit of loose powder to seal it in.  From that point, I put on my foundation (again dabbing it on, not rubbing it in) and the above picture is the final result. I did that this morning and here we are well into late afternoon.. and my makeup looks the same as when it did when I first applied it.  The actual 'After' picture was taken just a few minutes ago.  

I am in love with this product no doubt.. on a scale one to ten?  I would give this product a ten-fifteen times!!



QC Makeup Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment