Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Whimsical Makeup by WhiteOak-My First Design

whimsical makeup by whiteoak

I officially did one of my Whimsical Makeup Designs yesterday on a real person!! *laughs* Okay, what I have  been doing is creating different whimsical makeup designs. I sketch them out in a sketchbook, I color them in either using colored pencils that are also watercolors.  Sometimes I have used actual makeup on the designs so I can get a clear picture in my mind of exactly what I want to achieve. This design is one I am calling  'Snow Princess', the model is my beautiful sister. This project was not a 30-minute makeup job and we were through! It actually took longer than I thought or had hoped it would.  

The cons of this experience are:  

-I was not organized- as a Makeup Artist (although I am only a student) I should have been more organized than I was.  I truly had my brushes scattered everywhere.. my makeup was everywhere.. I was 100% unorganized to the max!!!!!!

-I should not have allowed my beautiful sister to do a couple of the makeup things she did, like applying the false eyelashes and lining her waterline. A Professional Makeup Artist would not have done that (although again, I know I am only a student) I know it is going to sound like an excuse but it truly isn't.. I do not have the experience applying makeup to someone who wears contact lenses. My main concern was keeping her eyes safe.

-I do not feel, I had my lights at the right angle.  Lighting is everything when you are doing makeup.  Now I realize I should have done two things: Used both of my lights and I should have ordered a higher chair (a director's chair is what they are called I believe)

The Pros of the experience:

-I felt really good about the contour job I did on my sisters face, especially her nose.

-I felt I am getting my blending techniques down better, I loved how her eyeshadow came out, and that was blending about six different shades of eyeshadow together.

-I feel I finally broke the ice.  I have more confidence in knowing my next design process will go smoother because I learned a lot from this experience.

A little about my Whimsical Design: Snow Princess

When I drew this design out, my intention was to use a lot of glitter (the more sparkles the better).  Often when you look at snow, usually there is a very light lavender tint, hence the reason, I used purple and pink tones together. I blended three different shades of pink glitter and the Whimsical swirls with the rhinestones is one of my trademarks in all of my designs.

Until next time.. remember, Everything is magical and whimsical we just need to allow our self to see it.



QC Makeup Academy

4 comments:

  1. All of your artwork is beautiful. Congratulations on having such a wonderful model. It's heartwarming to see two sisters that are close. My daughters are like that and I hope it continues lifelong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gayle, Thank you so much for your comment, I greatly appreciate it. I love seeing sisters close. But also being sisters, there are times the roads gets rocky, but the love for each other will always help each other smooth out the bumps. I love my sister dearly!!

      Delete
  2. You had a great job and a beautiful model too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. thanks Dawn. Janice is a beautiful model... she was so sweet too.. it took longer than I thought, but she did not complain once..

      Delete