Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Saturday, May 28, 2016

BoxyCharm May 2016

Empowering Women With Makeup

BoxyCharm May 2016

As most months once again BoxyCharm did not disappoint me.  Actually, they sort of impressed me as they do most months.  But as I said in my YouTube video, there is nothing you can be 100% satisfied with 100% of the time.. and if by chance you can, it is very seldom.

BoxyCharm like Ipsy makes each of us look forward to next months glambags.  They both have this way of building our excitement, which is fun but as they say curiosity can also drive a woman bonkers. *laughs* Here is my YouTube Video I made for this months makeup subscriptions I subscribe to. 

In our BoxyCharm May 2016 we got a beautiful Makeup Geek powder blush.  I have not used a lot of Makeup Geeks products, but this blush was very pigmented and such a beautiful color. I am pretty impressed with it.  But a little GOES a long way!!

We received a Purr double duo eyeliner which is fantastic.  On one end it is a roll up kohl liner that can be used for a smokey eye effect and/or to wear on your water line.  The other end is a felt tip liner that can be used for a very fine line. It would be perfect to use for a very defined wing.

We also received a beautiful nude colored lip-liner by Starlooks.  Now I was introduced to Starlooks by BoxyCharm in the very first box I got from them.  Needless to say, I love Starlooks, their products has a wonderful staying power.  I have not used the lip-liner yet, but I know for a fact that the eyeliner last all day when you apply it.

There was an eye brow gel in the box that I absolutely love.  It is by Tonya Crooks and it is a clear gel which works for everyone. The only thing I can say besides I love this product and it keeps my eyebrows tamed and in place is it is taking me a little time to get use to the bigger brush end. Most of the eyebrow gels I have used has a smaller wand.  I am not complaining because I am very impressed with how the gel works.

We got a beautiful mint green color nail polish by Ella Mila.  The container is cute as a button with an elephant on it.  And this has nothing to do with the product itself, but the elephant's trunk is going upwards which is always a good sign.  The nail polish went on good.  It is very pigmented and I suppose it could take one coat for a beautiful effect.  It also removed very easily which I always appreciate in a nail polish.  The color is great for spring/summer!!

Last but not least we were sent a beautiful scented perfume sample by Catherine Malandrino. This will be perfect to wear during the summer months.  It has a flora/sweet/patchouli scent (I can smell a tiny bit of musk-but that could just be me). Needless to say, it is a beautiful scent.

That is our May 2016 BoxyCharm Box... pretty impressive don't you agree?  The first box I ever got with them literally blew me away.. I got an eye-shadow palette, set of eye shadow brushes and other products. The eye-shadow brush set alone cost more than the $21 monthly subscription  So if you would like to join me in a monthly makeup surprise... join me on BoxyCharm.






No comments:

Post a Comment