Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Jumped Into the Rabbit Hole

Empowering Women with Makeup

Alice Through the Looking Glass
Eye-Shadow Palette


Okay, where do I begin? I honestly do feel like I have fallen into the Rabbit hole in the story Alice in Wonderland.  I kept seeing this Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Limited Edition Eye-Shadow Palette, and honestly felt like a deer dazed by headlights.

First, I have never used Urban Decay eye shadow's before. Second, I have never purchased a limited edition eye shadow palette before and third after watching a ton of YouTube reviews about this palette, I got scared!  I do not know what people usually pay for eye shadow palettes like this but I would have never paid this price IF I wasn't sure I would love it!

Many of the YouTube reviews I watched geared towards mature skinned people commenting that these shadows are great for the younger generation, but not so wonderful for mature skin.  That sort of shocked me, I may be 58 but damn, does that mean mature women should not wear these colors?  Well, I plan on doing a YouTube video hopefully this week sometime and give a full review on this palette.  But I also wanted to write a blog post about it because like I said, I am new to Urban Decay eye shadows, this kind of palette and paying this price for something like this... so here goes!!

I love, love, love Alice in Wonderful, I purchased the new release of it back in 2010 (I believe it was) and have watched the movie a dozen or more times. AND NOW, OMG.. I can barely contain myself waiting for May 27, 2016 for Alice Through the Looking Glass to be released! Okay, I know we are talking about this eye shadow palette!!

Empowering Women with Makeup

My First Eye-Shadow looking using Urban Decay Shadows

I LOVE THIS ALICE THOUGH THE LOOKING GLASS EYE-SHADOW PALETTE... plain and simple. I may be 58 years old, but this girl plans on wearing every color in it! When I got the package this afternoon, I knew I would have to take off the eye-shadow I was wearing because there was NO way I was going to wait until tomorrow to try it.  So I was able to take off my previous eye-shadow without messing up the rest of my makeup.  This is my first look, using Alice Through the Looking Glass Eye-shadow's. 

Okay, the palette comes with 20 bright beautiful color eye-shadows in the most beautiful packaging I have ever seen in my life. It was the packaging that drew me to purchasing the kit in the first place. But now I love the whole damn package!  The colors are VERY pigmented, there are a few matte eye-shadows and the others do have a little shimmer that is beyond beautiful. The shadows feel creamy going on... they are fantastic!!  It comes with a double sided brush that is as colorful as the packaging and I like it a lot!! Most of the reviews I have watched said they didn't like the brush at all!!  What? 

Empowering Women with Makeup


Here are the color of eye-shadows I have on to create the look in the photo:  I used "Looking Glass", over the whole eye area.  I used "Cake" above the crease (I do have hooded eyelids, but this still can work!) I mixed "Dream On" and "Gone Mad" together and used that inside the crease and blended it outwards to the end.  I used "Cake" under my lower lashes and mixed "Dream On" and "Gone Mad" and went half way across over the cake on the bottom lashes.  I used "Royal Flush" under my eyebrow and lightly dusted it over "Cake" and "Gone Mad".  So my first journey of using this palette was with five of the colors and I COULD NOT be more happy with this purchase!

Urban Decay, looks like you have another customer!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouidad

Ouidad



Laura Geller Beauty

e.l.f. cosmetics

e.l.f. cosmetics

Beauty Brands.  Free Samples With Purchase.

Beauty Brands. $3.50 off of $10 Product Purchase

NORDSTROM - Shop Men's Sneakers for Spring

NORDSTROM - Shop Vacation Essentials

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment