Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Monday, May 2, 2016

Its All About the Eyes

Empowering Women with Makeup

Wet & Wild Eye Shadow Pallet
&
Tyra Banks Eyes in a Stick Eyeshadow


Well, here we are it is Monday, and I have already been playing with some new makeup. Before today I never tried either of these eye shadows by Wet & Wild or Tyra Banks. I already know I like them both, that is why I am going to share my thoughts with you. 

Empowering Women wit Makeup

Wet & Wild Eye-shadow Pallet


First, I paid $6.99 for this Wet & Wild Eye Shadow Pallet at Walgreen's.  Since 'gold' is the thing for spring I wanted to get this pallet because even the brown colors have gold flecks in them.  My first thought (and shame on me for prejudging) is I thought there would be a lot of fall out when applying the eye-shadows.  My bad, seriously... the fall out was not half as bad as some very expensive brands I have tried and used. The pigmentation is fantastic, and it blends out like a dream. In the opening picture, I am wearing four of the wet & wild eye-shadows blended out really light.  I would recommend this pallet, seriously.  You cannot be the price and it is well worth it.  So on a scale 1-10 I will give it a '10'

Empowering Women with Makeup

Tyra Banks-Eyes in a Stick Eye-shadow


Where in the world do I start with this one?  The day I got them in the mail the first thing I did was run each one across my hand to check for two things: (1) Pigmentation (2) Lasting Power.  I got my mail sometime early afternoon and I immediately did the test.  By 12-1 that night/morning the marks were still on my hands.  AFTER washing off my makeup (meaning getting my hands wet), the marks were STILL on my hand.  I finally got the makeup off of my hand my using a facial makeup remover cloth. YES Virginia, these eye-shadows last a very long time!!

I ended up getting three shades, bubbly which is a like a light peach color on my complexion, Green which has beautiful gold flecks in it and violet which is a little shimmery it looks like flecks of silver to me.  Regardless, they are beyond wonderful!!  I have brown eyes, depending on my mood, they can either be dark brown or light brown and all three of these colors go GREAT with brown eyes.

The formula of these eye-shadows feel like butter. They go on smooth and blend like a dream.  But like I said earlier the lasting power of these eye-shadows is amazing.  I am so impressed with them that I had to order two more colors.  There is a total of six shades:  Bubbly (light peach) Sand Dollar (light Bronze) Green (Hazel Green with Gold Flecks) Violet (metallic plum) Brown (chocolate brown with gold pearl) and Black (Gold and Black =Blold) 

Empowering Women with Makeup


1. I drew a side way v shape-above my crease

2. I drew a line half way across my lash line

3. I drew a line completely across my bottom lash line.

Afterwards, I took a small blending brush and smoked the eye-shadow out. Like I said, this green is the most beautiful green shadow I have ever wore... !!

Check out these eye-shadows, I know you will love them as much as I do!!  Contact:  Eva Thomas-Beautytainer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ouidad

Ouidad



Laura Geller Beauty

e.l.f. cosmetics

e.l.f. cosmetics

Beauty Brands.  Free Samples With Purchase.

Beauty Brands. $3.50 off of $10 Product Purchase

NORDSTROM - Shop Men's Sneakers for Spring

NORDSTROM - Shop Vacation Essentials

NORDSTROM.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Your amazing with your eye makeup.. I love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jamie.. I will be honest like you, I have been experimenting with a lot of different techniques when it comes to my makeup. I cannot wait to share something that will arrive any day now that I ordered... It is going to be a FIRST for me for sure!!!

      Delete