Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Monday, April 11, 2016

Hooded Eyelids

Empowering Women with Makeup

Mature Eyelids-YES you do have them!!


One of the beautiful (*cough) aspects of getting older is all of the wonderful (*cough) changes our bodies go through.  Awww, yes, the eyes.  Once so youthful and sharp now well.... oh, hell we can fix this!!!  So most mature features has hooded eyes, SO WHAT!! Makeup is one of life's miracles, heck it can fix just about anything that needs a little enhancing or coaching!

So, you cannot notice it that much in this photo because when you are doing selfies, you NEVER EVER look straight on in the phone... I guess you can, but not being photogenic myself, many I have to tilt, look side ways and so on to get a half okay photo!  But I have extreme hooded eyes. I am also learning to work with them instead of disgusted, and dreading looking into a mirror.  I mean, come on... all of us 'mature' women, have worked hard to get to this age... why fight it?  Learn to love what you got and be thankful you got it!! 


1. I have found putting on a good eye primer first all over the eye area works great. It enhances the pigments of the eye-shadow and it makes the eye-shadow long wearing. 

2. Use a light colored cream eye-shadow base. I have two I love, either a solid white base or a pink frosted base.  Place this on your eye lid only!!

3.  Use a light colored dry eye-shadow and PAT that on over the eyelid onto of the cream base. I promise your eyelids will pop!!  Which makes for a great looking eye when you place on eyeliner.

Of course how you wear your eyeliner is your preference.  I have been doing mine two different ways.. but both involve using a Liquid long wearing eyeliner used tight up against my lash line.. and I have started bringing the inner corner down like a cat eye.. just to be different. 

Using this technique will help your eyeliner to not get onto your crease.. of course you need to allow the liquid liner to dry for a few a seconds. By using these simple tips it has helped me a lot. If you have different techniques, please share below!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Laura Geller Beauty

e.l.f. cosmetics

Beauty Brands. $3.50 off of $10 Product Purchase




NORDSTROM - Choose Your FREE Estée Lauder 7-Piece Gift with $35 Purchase - a $130 Value

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment