Everything is magical and whimsical; we just need to allow our self to see it

Monday, April 11, 2016

Mature Face Contouring

Empowering Women with Makeup

Yes, Let's Draw on our Face !!



I love it best how youtuber- HotandFlashy said it, We can contour our face like anyone else, we just have to do our's a little different!  So very true... I literally watch a ton of video's, read numerous tutorials and I promise, although things may be a little different, each of us can achieve what we want to with our faces.  It takes patience, LOTS of practice and different techniques. That is all.  

I am told all of the time that I do not look my age at all, every woman enjoys hearing nice things like that.. but I have worked very hard to get to my 58 years of life, so I am not ashamed at all about my age.  Like I said earlier, we can achieve a lot with our mature skin although differently than our beautiful younger generation, we can still rock it-ladies!!   

Okay.. Rule of thumb ALWAYS:  if you are wearing cream contour, put it on UNDER your foundation and if you are wearing powdered contour put it OVER your foundation!!!

So mature skin does need to rock it a little differently than the younger generation.. mature skin needs to be a little more selective where we put highlight and contour. To be honest, it is BEST to just go ahead and get a contouring kit, that way everything you need is right there.  

Empowering Women with Makeup

Remember-When using a cream contour put it on UNDER foundation.  Start with the highlighter and  place it between your brows down the middle of your nose half way. Above and below your brow bone. Above on your cheek bone and the inside corner of your eyes. Highlight your cupids bow, laugh lines and lines from the corner of your mouth.. (marionette lines). Yes, leave the highlight on and begin to contour your face now.

Empowering women with makeup

Using the contour color which will be a few shades darker than your regular skin tone, contour around your forehead close to your hair line, sides of your nose, cheek bone , jaw line and under your lip to make your lips look bigger. Take your brush and line it above your ear down your cheek and you will find the hollows of your cheek bone.

After your face is all good marked up and looking like a clown.. I take a dampened beauty sponge and beginning with the highlighter start blending it in.  You want to PAT not RUB. After the highlighter I rinse out my beauty blender and do the same thing with the contouring color. 

Next put on your foundation again by Patting it on not Rubbing it on. Set with powder and like magic your face is sculpted.   Use a very small brush and very lightly add powder to your under eyes.. you need to work very gently and very lightly because you do now want your wrinkles to stand out.  After I place the powder on my face.. I ALWAYS mist my face with rosewater.. ALWAYS.  It makes my skin look and feel hydrated. 

You are beautiful... now let it shine through!!! This is another fantastic Contouring Collection I love:  Review will be coming up shortly!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Geller Beauty

e.l.f. cosmetics

Beauty Brands. $3.50 off of $10 Product Purchase




NORDSTROM - Choose Your FREE Estée Lauder 7-Piece Gift with $35 Purchase - a $130 Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment